Mason jar salads
Tasty and Easy to make, plus they make for a stylish way to impress your guests.
Storing the salad in glass (mason) jar keeps it fresh for 5-7 days.
A big tick from me is prepping your meal ahead of time.
You can use any ingredients you like, just follow the special technique to the salad assembly to keep all the contents fresh – The vegetables and protein need to be layered in a particular way so it doesn’t go soggy.
Layer 1 – Dressing – 1-2 tablespoons.
Layer 2 – Hard vegetables – carrot, capsicum, red onion, cucumber
Layer 3 – Pasta or rice or quinoa
Layer 4 – Soft vegetables – avocado, tomato
Layer 5 – Protein – chicken, egg and cheese
Layer 6 – Salad greens – lettuce or baby spinach
Making these salads is really easy. Just complete any cooking or chopping tasks and let every thing cool before assembly.
These are the Steps and ingredients that went into the ones pictured but be creative and mix it up with what you like.
- Poached or shred BBQ chicken
- Cook pasta, following packet directions
- Cook rice, following packet directions
- Cook quinoa, following packet directions
- Boil eggs
- Wash vegetables
- Chop vegetables and dry
- 1-2 tablespoons of you favourite store or homemade dressing
- Cucumber, cubed
- Carrot, grated
- Capsicum, diced
- red onion, finely sliced
- Corn kernels
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Pasta or rice or quinoa
- bbq Chicken
- Egg, boiled
- grated cheese
- Lettuce, finely sliced
- Place all ingredients in the order listed above into a clean mason jar
- Seal tightly, refrigerate and use within 7 days.
Be sure to let us know what you think?
Enjoy Love Kerry and Piper xoxo